Time, Resources, and Talents for the Lord!

This past weekend we were at the Michigan Upper Peninsula camp meeting. My kids were involved in the youth department, and they had the most wonderful time on Friday.

Then people were given a challenge. They were given $50, a driver, and all day. Their goal was to share the love of Jesus in some way with the town of Iron Mountain.

I was the driver for the girls team. I can't tell you what a fantastic day we had. First, we decided to grow our money. The girls went around during a seminar break and asked many of the adults if they wanted to contribute to the cause of sharing the love of Jesus with others. They grew their money from $50 to $533. Wow!

There were a lot of steps that took us to what we did with our money. I won't take the time to share all those details, but I will share with you what we did.

Because of a stop at the state police department we were able to ascertain that there was an organization in town called the caring House that cared for domestic violence and sexual abuse victims. We stopped by there to find out what their needs were, and then we went shopping. We spent well over $300 on personal hygiene items, cleaning supplies, and food. When we came back with our trunk full of all these things the lady working was so grateful and just amazed. She was well aware of Camp Sagola and was very pleased with the love being shown to her residence.

Next we went back to the state police department with cookies as a thank you for serving their community. We also took some stuff dogs that they will use when they have to take children from their homes.

Our very last stop was a car repair shop. The girls walked into the office and asked if there was anyone who couldn't pay their bill but owed money. The two people at the desk were very surprised what? What are you doing? Where are you from? After talking just a few minutes they decided on the lady who was on disability but had been saving for a $600 part since February or March. With our last $202 we were able to pay off the part for this woman. I can only imagine what her response was! The man behind the desk was excited that we were from camp Sagola. About 30 years ago he attended summer camp there as a kid. It was fun to hear him relay all his fun memories of his time there.
Sharing the love of Jesus is so much fun, and there are so many different and exciting ways to do it! There's no wrong way. Give it a little thought. How will you use your time, resources, and talents to share Jesus' love today?

Comments

  1. This is just so beautiful, Amy!!! It brings me to tears! I wanna do this for a living, not make money off it, I mean do it everyday of my life as my full time job!! You are giving me so many ideas! I am so glad to be in contact with you so I can know how to go about carrying out ideas like this! The best is to get the children involved. It's soooo important!!! I am excited what this new year will bring as I seek to implement these ideas in our church! Thank you soooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July Health Booth

Be Ready to Share

Christmas Survival Kit