Worth a Mint to Jesus

  One Sabbath as a Missionary outreach, the church members made up about 450 of these little packets.  They contained a glow tract, a little card with the saying, and a mint.  It fun to take these to public places where there will be lots of people.  It's also fun to carry them with you in case the Holy Spirit impresses you to hand one out sometime.  I've done both, but the latter happened to me just recently with neat outcome.  



David and I went to OH to pick up our "new" Prius this past Tuesday.  Having been up since 4 something we were both very hungry after finally leaving the dealership with our new car.  We stopped to eat and after our meal I left one of these little packets with the tip.  Before leaving the restaurant we needed to use the restrooms so left our "leftovers" where the waitress said we could and finished up so we could be on our way home.  As I walked out of the restroom the waitress comes hurrying over to me.  "Can I have another one of those mint things?  That guy stole mine (another worker)."  It was my last one I explained. She said, "It's okay.  It was the little pamphet thing that I wanted."  I happily whipped out a stack of glow and health tracts and fanned them for her to see.  "Take whatever you want.  I have plenty of these," I told her.  She chose what she wanted and looked back at the guy who had taken the first pack, "See, I told you I'd get another one."  :)   


Never be afraid to hand these out - especially when the Lord impressed you to!  People love the little gifts that I sometimes attach to glow tracts, but some of them are genuinely interested in the tract itself!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4th of July Health Booth

Be Ready to Share

Christmas Survival Kit